Friday, November 03, 2006

NaNoWriMo!

November brings the annual NaNoWriMo, that is, the National Novel Writing Month. Now, I'M not planning on writing a novel this month, though I certainly have the material to write a few, but in 30 days, it seems almost an impossible task- though best of luck to anyone trying!!

Halloween season is over, and Tuesday night I had fun with Fernando, and this new boy I've met, Will, at Cobalt (still more Halloween >pics to be seen here). And WTF with the weather? Tuesday it was hot, and suddenly it became very cold again.

Last night I went to >Hank's Oyster Bar, on 17th & Q st, with a Margo, Fred, Mard, & Crystal. It's been open for a year, I suppose, but I've never gone in there. Now, growing up by the beach most of my life, I KNOW seafood. So I has actually pretty suprised at how good it was, especially since most inland seafood restaurants tend to dissapoint me. I reccomend it as a much-needed upscale restaurant on the 17th Street strip, which sadly offers mostly bar food, or cheap Italian (DIK I'm looking at you!). There IS >Le Pigalle (despite the bad review the Post gave it) and >Sushi Taro at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing about the election...which is in a few days.

Nothing about reading books or the latest Advocate issue.

Nothing about Kerry's (spot on) joke.

It's all about food, food, food.

*smile*

*giggles*

Speaking of which check out the Hong Kong Buffet down in Waldorf, great seafood! I go there at least 2 times in a month.


*giggles*