Monday, August 07, 2006

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty...

I'm so glad the crazy heat has broken! So, at the end of August I am going to California with Margo. I'm excited, as I've only spent time in San Francisco before, it'll be my first time in the L.A. area. I also discovered that I have not 2, but 3 weeks vacation at my job. Bonus!
Saturday night I went with Fred & Margo to an outdoor film event in Bethesda (they were playing West Side Story). I thought it was pretty cool, despite being in dreaded Maryland (sorry to my Maryland readers).
Sunday I was very lazy, spending the day in the Circle, until I meandered over to Meridian Hill Park to watch the Sunday drummer's circle. If you live in DC and haven't been, it really is a Sunday tradition of sorts. I would say hundreds of people come to the park, where anywhere between 20 and 40 drummers, flute players, bongo players etc., play music, people dance. It really is a lot of fun. The park itself is beautiful, and the area is finally cleaning up a bit so it's safe to hang out there. Go here to see the pictures I took.
After coming back from the park I met up with Phillip & Fernando who had just gotten back in the city from a weekend in Phoenix, for drinks at The Fab Lounge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow three weeks, we can always stay longer!