Monday, August 14, 2006

California Dreaming

It's been a great weekend, and so so many things have changed.
Friday the 11th was one of those days where things have a weird way of all coming together. First, my boss Phillip has decided to leave. (there are a lot of implications in that). I am very happy for him, by the way. Fernando and him took me to lunch at Logan Tavern to celebrate my one year anniversary at my job. We celebrated with beer and champagne afterwards for both of us with coworkers.
Saturday I went to Mimi's with Fernando, Charlotte, Phillip, and "B.B" over great food, singing waiters, more champagne. It was really one of those perfect evenings, and we celebrated both Phillip's moving on and my own survival at my job, lol.
Later we went to Noche de Fuego for a night of dancing and drinking. I remember leaving around 3am and sitting on someone's stoop on U st. with them eating pizza, and Phillip taking some guy's sunglasses, god I was drunk.
The next morning I woke up to a nasty headache, but managed to meet Fernando for brunch at Merkado on P st.(next to Halo) and I have to say I was very impressed with the food. Went shopping with him and Phillip at Pentagon City, bought a new lamp.
AND today I come to find out a week after I get back from L.A./Palm Springs, I am flying back to Los Angeles for a week-long business trip. No rest for the wicked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your going back to Los Angeles for a week? Even if it is for business I envy you. Have tons of fun and take a lot of pictures. If you're near West Hollywood be on the look out for Macualy Culkin!