Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Today's the first day of August. It's been so terribly hot, everyday this week is supposed to be around 100 degrees. Most days of the week I walk back to my apartment for lunch. It's psychologically good in that I get out of the office, exercize, and can check up on things at my place. Sometimes I'll get food out and sit in Dupont Circle. But it's been so nasty that I plan in sitting in the AC of the office today, all day.
Thursday seems like a day that a lot of coincidences came together. I'll just abbreviate the story by saying I met Margo at Soho after work. We met up with Fred and my Stephen and we had a GREAT meal at Lebanese Taverna in Woodley Park, close to my neighborhood, with a nice bottle of white wine (a pinot grigio...someone's favorite lol)
Saturday I ran into an old aqaintance at Halo, had dinner with Bruce and Fernando at Le Pigalle on 17th St. Now, I won't even link to the horrid review in the Washington Post restaurant reviews, but I have to make mention that that very day there was a review that completely trashed Le Pigalle. I beg to differ - I've eaten there twice and it is a great French bistro that I plan on going back to and would reccomend any day of the week. I reccomend having the poulet a l'estragon.
After dinner we popped in "the Funeral Parlour" and went dancing at Noche de Fuego on 15th & U st the Saturday night gay party at Cada Vez. I really like that place!
Sunday I managed to crawl out of bed to make it to a wonderful brunch at Margo's. Champagne to toast some fortunate and humorous turns of events lately, ice cream, driving around... it was a great Sunday afternoon.

No comments: