Friday, May 19, 2006

Up Your Nose!

One thing I've noticed about my job is it's either extremely hectic or very slow. Keep in mind the weather can change from one hour to the next. This morning was a flurry of mania (those who have met our esteemed president know exactly what I'm talking about) and now it's eerily quiet and I am bored enough to post to the blog.

It's been a long week, and I started to get a cold, but I nipped it in the bud. Vitamin C, Odwalla juices, and a little something I leanred from a girl that works at Soho. Lest I gross you out, bear with me. It's called "nasal irrigation" and when I first heard about it from the girl, I was like "Uh, I don't know about that," but having suffered through congested sinuses all week, I finally thought, what the hell? Basically you flush out your sinuses with warm saline water. Sounds weird, but I swear I feel SO much better! I can breathe clearer that I have in ages. It flushed out all the congestion. So, I guess I've been converted, though it was definately a strange experience.

Fortunately that was NOT the highlight of this week's excitement. On Tuesday Stephen and myself joined Fred & Margo, and Marc for a wonderful dinner and dessert at Bistrot du Coin. I think we've found a new favorite restaurant! Everything there is excellent (I had an amazing salmon in champagne creme sauce served over a ratatouille (see recipe). Tonight I am going with Stephen to see the premiere of "The Da Vinci Code," I am not sure if it will be good or not but we'll see. Also on the menu for Saturday/Sunday: there is a dragon boat race at the boathouse in Georgetown (the one where G-town meets Rock Creek) and there's also a Greek Festival that's lots of fun, at St. Sophia's on Mass. Ave NW.

No comments: