Monday, May 22, 2006

Boat Races & Greek Festival

It was a wonderful weekend that ended all too soon. Friday night I did go to see "The Da Vinci Code" with Stephen. I know the critics really ripped it a new asshole, but I didn't think it was all that bad. I can't stand Tom Hanks, he is far too over-exposed, but aside from that it wasn't bad. Not great cinema, but not awful. And as far as the controversy, I really don't see it. I could see how a devout Catholic might take it the wrong way, but I felt it could have been a lot more controversial, but it was rather lame.
Saturday I went to the dragon boat races on the Potomac with friends. The boats were pretty cool (pics can be seen here). After that we went to the annual Greek Festival at St. Sophia's. Good food, and good wine, it was a prefect way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
Sunday I was so lazy, but I did end up watching "Lucky Number Slevin." I really like this movie! It hasn't really gotten that much publicity despite having a major cast. I won't spoil it, but it is darkly comedic and violent. And I love Josh Hartnett. He is just oh-so-cute in everything he does.

No comments: