Wednesday, May 03, 2006

An Apple a Day...

The Braces Issue:

Well I have decided to do something I've been thinking about for awhile, I am getting work on my teeth. Not that my teeth are especially bad, but there's room for improvement. And money can fix anything genetics didn't give you.
So I have been researching every orthodontist in DC, Maryland, and Virginia, trying to find the best place. Of course my insurance won't cover cosmetic stuff like this, so while price isn't exactly an issue, the less on braces, the more money for summer vacation! I must be a glutton for punishment... I HATE going to doctors and dentists. They are home of the world's most famous lie: "Relax, this won't hurt a bit..."
First, a lot of places now do the Invisalign retainers of infomercial fame. They seem painless, but do they really work?? I mean, sure they sound a whole lot better than having metal and wires in your mouth for a year or two. Braces at 15,ok, but at 25, I'm not so sure that's the look I'm going for (I attract enough old men as it is).
SO, any readers have positive experiences or horror stories to share? Any reccomendations on what to get or where to go?

Picture of the Week:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Adam

I got braces back in high school around '97 or so. I my teeth were done by Dr. Labbe in Bowie, Maryland his office is right in the complex near Bowie Towne Center, and across the street from the Lowe's. Anyways, I got the braces, (had the different color bands for every holiday), eventually wore a retainer for 2 years, and my teeth are white and straight.

The cost wasn't that much at the time at the most it was 5G's, it could be higher now. You should really check on that to make sure.