Monday, August 22, 2005

Just Another Manic Monday...

Well, well...
I guess first I owe a little more info on this new job I am three weeks into. It's at an environmental organization here in DC. It's a non-profit group (like 7 million others in this city!) but they pay is good, and they hired me. So who's complaining? It's a very laid-back office environment, everyone has been fantastically nice, and about 50% of the office seems to be gay. Well, the office building IS in Dupont Circle. And that's nice and convienient, especially on lunch hour while the nice weather still persists.
And I have my own office...with a window. SWEET!
This week I am house and dog-sitting for my friend in Alexandria while she's away in California for surgery (best of luck!!) So it's going to be a very interesting week.
This weekend I was beat from work, so I slept in. Ken pretty much tricked me into going to Chiaroscuro. THAT was an interesting night, for many reasons which I will keep to myself.
So that's been my life, having fun on the weekends, and work work work Monday through Friday. Though there is something to be said for the 9-5 life, it gives things a sense of regularity. But now, when Friday rolls around, I finally understand why people get so damn excited over it!
Oh, and I am trying to quit smoking. Margo's doing it, so can I. I think...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck trying to quit! I've been smokefree for almost a month now! My trick? Everytime I want a smoke, I think about sex. HAHHAHA, good luck!

-Kiki