Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Ch-ch-changes
Look out you rock 'n' rollers
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Ch-ch-changes
Pretty soon you're gonna get a little older
Time may change me
But I can't change time
-David Bowie
"Changes"

Well since my last post, things are still going well. Tonight I had a date with that guy Jim, the one I met at Cobalt Saturday last. It went very well and I got to learn more about him over drinks and dinner at The Brickskellar Inn. I really like the Brickskellar and it's been ages since I went there. It's claim to faim is it has the widest selection of beers in the world. Now, I don't know if that's necessarily true, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had the largest selection in the United States. I mean, they have literally hundreds of beers from around the world, and it has a cozy little atmosphere that reminds me of intimate little establishments in The Netherlands and France.
Anyway, like I said, the date went well and we have plans to meet up again this weekend. He's very mature and intelligent, so we'll see what happens.
Not much else is new, just waiting to see what's happening on the job front.
My Myspace profile URL has also changed. It is now http://www.myspace.com/dcadam. Change your web bookmarks accordingly, because I know SO many people are interested. Stop laughing.
And on other news check out this link to one of my favorite new bands, The Postal Service. I fell in love with them last autumn when the song "Such Great Heights" came out. They're a pretty great band, they have the very "emo" 80's sound I can't quite describe. Another good band to check out is Rilo Kiley. More rock-based, I absolutely love the female lead singer's voice. Even if the mainstream doesn't pick up on them (I guess their too busy talking about how Ashley fuckin Simpson is a great singer, or Britney's baby or something) I expect great things from this band in the future. God what's wrong with this country, so much good music, but too many people are listening to whatever pop drivel is being forced down their throats. I would say Eurpean youth have more taste, but these are the same people who think Anaesthesia...er I mean Anastacia is a diva. To me she sounds like Donal Duck had a sex-change and sang karoake.
Enough ranting. Goodnight.

No comments: