Saturday, April 30, 2005

Bar-mania! Contest

Yesterday while having drinks at Townhouse Tavern on 17th St, it occured to me that a) some drinks have WAY crazy names... like "cowboy cocksucker," "sex on the beach," etc. and b) I should have a drink invention contest on my blog!

Now I'm too cheap to actually give the winner a real prize...but I'll be sure to give you credit and promotion here on Adam's Deep Blog.

So here's some examples of crazy drinks with even crazier names...

Banana Assmaster

Ingredients: 2.0 part Banana
4.0 scoops Ice Cream
4.0 oz. Milk
2.0 oz. Vodka

Directions: Mix all ingredients with a lot of ice and blend in a blender. Add vodka to taste.

Or perhaps, Here's my own invention... it is inspired by a man we all know and hate/love, taking his favorite things and fusing them. I humbly submit,

The Casey (my ex-boyfriend)

Ingredients:
1-2 shots Maker's Mark
1 can Diet Coke
1 Parliament Light cigarette

Directions: Mix shot(s) of Maker's Mark in a glass of Diet Coke with ice. Serve garnished with a Parliament cigarette next to the glass. Smoke and drink in alternating puffs and sips. Complain about Adam, Enjoy.

Or here's a subtle variation based on a certain old Greek woman..

The Dena

Ingredients:

1-2 shot(s) Greek Ouzo (aniseed liquor)
1 can Diet Coke
1 Virginia Slim cigarette

Directions: Mix shot(s) of Ouzo in a glass of Diet Coke. Serve garnished with a Virginia Slim cigarette next to the glass. Smoke and drink in alternating puffs and sips. Complain about Adam, Raven, Sophia, Gayvid, Soho, etc. Enjoy.


NOW... the other rule is this has to be something you test in your kitchens first. I don't want any dumb shit now... it can be gross, but it has to be realistically drinkable (ie, no car antifreeze, rat poison, DC tap water...)

Send me your recipes and get famous! Who knows.. maybe one day your recipe will be ordered in bars across the world~

No comments: