Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Spring has Sprung in My Pants

"Behold, my brothers, the spring has come.
The earth has received the embraces of the sun and we shall soon see the results
of that love!  Every seed is awakened and so has all animal life.
It is through this mysterious power that we too have our being and we
therefore yield to our neighbors, even our animal neighbors, the same right
as ourselves to inhabit this land.
My love of our native soil is wholly mystical."

-Chief Sitting Bull (Tatanka Iyotaka), Hunkpapa Sioux (1831-1890)
  Lakota Medicine Man and Chief was considered the last Sioux to  
    surrender to the U.S. Government

I decided to start with that quote as Sunday is the first day of Spring. Finally! I loved Winter, but warm weather is much appreciated. Unfortunately it is, for me, also the season of allergies and sinus problems, so we'll see how much I'm actually able to enjoy it.

Well, since I last wrote what has happened to me?
Well this this weekend I spend several evenings after work, per usual, at Soho with friends like Ken and Raven. The drama between Ken and Bob continues as usual, though it seems to be improving... tonight Bob is actually going out with Ken to drag queen bingo at Club Chaos. Of course he chooses a night I'm teaching to come out. Well progress comes in small steps.
Friday afternoon I had free so I went to Dupont for a hair appointment and met up with Ken for coffee and when Chris got home from work we walked up to Adams Morgan for dinner.
It's funy because when you get three indecisive people trying to figure out a restaurant it can be comic. Add to that the over-selections of places and cuisines and it's a surprise we ever ate at all. After walking around the neighborhood checking out every menu we finally decided on an Italian place called San Marco. I'll have to remember this place: it's cheap, good food, and they have a rooftop patio weather permitting. Fabulous.
Saturday I went to visit PJ in Richmond.. I wanted to make the St. Patricks Day parade they were having, but since it required getting to Richmond before 10 AM, I just couln't make myself. Lol. When I did get there we went to the local mall for some shopping and coffee with Laura, and went to this cool Mongolian barbeque placed called Greywolf Grill for dinner. It was excellent. And we got to listen to the table next to us give, en masse, "Shiiiiiit!" (if you don't know the inside joke, ask me). Well that summed that up! We spent the night at Laura & Ian's and slept in perhaps a bit late to be woken by the arrival of Ian's mother who was visiting.

I love this picture of PJ


Of course, running on my weekend schedule, we never made it to the parade which was continuing that Sunday But we did go with Laura to River City Diner in the neighborhood called (snicker) The Bottom. The best damn milkshake I've had in years. After brunch me and Pj spent some time together alone. It was a very nice weekend. And that's what's been going on with me.

The Mark Twain
The Mark Twain: A leisurely paddle steamboat
navigating the Rivers of America in the 19th
Century! A venerable Disneyland institution,
you date to opening day in 1955 and respresent
stablity, tradition, and a healthy dose of
Americana. You never make your passengers
seasick (in part due to the fact that you role
along your secret underwater track) and always
offer some great panoramic views of a Frontier
mining town, New Orleans, and back woods
glimpses of wildlife and injuns straight out of
a Samuel Clemens tale! Small children and old
folks like you best, but that doesn't mean you
don't know how to get out and enjoy the
nightlife, you play "Steamboat
Willie" in the nightly production of the
Fantasmic! Spectacular. Just one question,
just how is that you are always managing to be
headed "down river"?


What Disneyland attraction are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: