Wednesday, January 05, 2005

"Panic in the Streets of London.."

Well, I have seriously considered going back to London sometime in the near future. I know I should continue saving my money but DAMNIT it is so tempting. I swear I am growing weary of this country. Of course, it would be nice toleave permanently. (Oh, Canada...) The more I read the news and hear how the Nationalist/Fascist party is trampling our civil liberties, our neighbor to the Great White North, or our neighbors on the other side of the pond start looking more appealing. In my darker moments, the things I see are so reminiscent of Germany in the 1930s. The people of the so-called Red States are not my friends or fellow citizens. There are two Americas apparently, and I don't WANT to be a part of th America envisioned by the Republican party. Or the rednecks and conservatives who put the Fascists in power again.


Well anyway, long story short, I will be hopefully visiting the UK again soon. In the meantime here's my New Years Resolution.


In the year 2005 I resolve to:

Stop smoking pot by taking up crack instead.

Get your resolution here




Let's see, not muchis going on elsewhere so I'll just ramble. I finished reading Carson McCuller's The Heart is a Lonely Hunter which is an amazing novel that takes place in the South in the 1930s. Not the feel-good-read-of-the-summer by any means. It deals with the lonliness and isolation of certain characters in a small town where they don't seem to fit in. I highly reccomend it, and many consider McCuller one the great writers of the American South.

Well I gotta run for now...more to come later

No comments: