Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Existentialist Malaise

What's new with me? Not much. Its a gray rainy overcast October day...one of the reasons October is one of my favorite months of the year. Halloween is simply so much more fun than Christmas or Easter.
I think I am experiencing "existentialist malaise," in the sense that the routine of the everyday has been getting me down a bit. Not that really work that hard or anything, I'm only teaching English classes. But still, everyday just sort of seems the same. And even the weekend somehow seem the same. Maybe I'm just bitching too much, but I really have the wonderlust biting at me to go somewhere new and exciting. So to that end I am trying (maybe) to plan a roadtrip...
But first,
You are Tim the Enchanter! Sure you can blow up small objects, but no-one really respects you. But you'll have the last laugh...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You are Tim the Enchanter! Sure you can blow up
small objects, but no-one really respects you.
But you'll have the last
laugh...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


Which Monty Python & the Holy Grail Character are you REALLY?
brought to you by Quizilla

You didn't REALLY think I'd create a post without a Quizilla quiz, did you? So now (as that old guy on the radio says) for the rest of the story.
The Washington Post has an ineresting travel and cooking section. (The cooking section, I believe, is in the Wednesday addition) Anyway, they had an article about the wineries of Western Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. The Valley is absolutely beautiful this time of year, and wineries are always fun (ah, memories of Bordeaux, France...getting sloshed hopping from vinyard to vinyard, becomming Bacchus incarnate). So maybe that would be a fun escape. And I also would like to see a pumpkin patch at some point this Fall too.

Pumpkin Patch

I'm sure there will be more time to talk about the delicious time of year that is Halloween in the next week or two to come. I've already pieced together things for my costume (see posts below) and now it's time to crank up the Type-O-Negative (or other darkly inspiring music of your choice) and enjoy the darker colder nights. Who knows, maybe this year I will get tricks AND treats (pun intended).

No comments: