Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Thanksgiving Edition

I'm back to reality from a very pleasant weekend. Sean and I joined some friends at TOWN which debuted this weekend, filling a void in the city when the only options for dancing were less-than-stellar other places.

I guess I should backtrack and mention that Friday night, while waiting for a friend at Halo, I was at the bar enjoying my martini when a nasty man tried to dry-hump my leg. It was one of those situations where you are too mortified to know what to do (like, say, grab his nutsack and throw him across the room). My friends couldn't show up fast enough. Ick!

So, Town: After having dinner at Lauriol Plaza with Sean, we went to a friend's place and then hit Town. It was packed - as one can imagine. I have to say - I was duly impressed. The decor, the attention to detail, the skilled DJs. Think Halo meets now-defunct Velvet. It was spacious (including a soundproofed lounge area), clean, the drinks were reasonable, and there was lots of dancing space. *Also, there is a sizeable parking lot for those of us that drive, across the street. Gay DC has been waiting for this for some time now - I can't wait to go back again this weekend!

(And to be filed under "guilty pleasures" : they played a 30-min remix of Britney's "Gimme More." And you know every queen in that place was squeeling with joy. Know thy customers!)

Sean and I left around 4 and went home. We didn't get started until way late yesterday afternoon, and we went to Annie's for late afternoon "blinner" and I joined my friend Charlie to Karaoke at Cobalt though I only stayed for two drinks. I didn't do much else except hit up Whole Foods for Thanksgiving stuff.

So what do I have to be thankful for this year?
*A new/better job
*Sean
*Good friends
*Family

UPDATES : Tom (Brady) of Finland, Underwear Model.
It's Whitney, Bitch! (Thanks to Phillip for link)

No comments: