Monday, February 05, 2007

February Revolution!

Welcome to February, which so far is turning into a month that ROCKS!

For starters, my boyfriend Sean just bought a place in McLean, Virginia, near Tyson's Corner -it's very nice, we took a look at it together yesterday. Congratulations, baby!!!

And, though I haven't wanted to mention it out of fear of jinxing it, I have been offered a higher-paying and higher-title position at a gay rights non-profit. I am taking it.

So, my social life wrap-up. Last week I was still under the weather. I'm still coughing but I'm getting better. Anyway, Fernando, Phillip, Sean and myself went to Margo's for dinner last Thursday night. She made this amazing roasted red pepper sauce (which I'd love to have the recipe for hint hint :) ). Friday night I went out with a bunch of co-workers, first to Cafe Citron, dinner at Luna Cafe, and tequila shots and other stuff at a friends house. Hmmm, Saturday Sean came over and we were going to go to dinner at Lauriol Plaza. Now, you know I love Lariol but when they have an 80-minute wait I don't think so. Some restauarants are ok, but highly over-rated. So we went to Logan Tavern where I felt dissapointed again, by both the wait, the bland food, and the service. DC really needs a fresh jolt of new restaurants, these places are getting stale. We met Phillip at Cobalt and I actually got Sean to dance(!). It was a great time had by all!
Sunday, we met Phillip and Fernando for post-party brunch at Playbill, looked at the place in VA, and went out with his friend Courntey to celebrate his purchase and watch the superbowl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

4 x red peppers, seeded and chopped
1 x large onion, chopped
1 x head garlic, peeled, whole cloves
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp of fennel seeds
Salt and pepper
1 lb. farfalle pasta


1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place peppers, onion and garlic cloves into a 9" x 13" baking pan.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, add fennel seed, salt and pepper and toss well.
4. Put in oven and roast for about 45 minutes, or until very soft and caramelized.
5. Pour vegetables into a medium saucepan and puree with an immersion blender, adding a splash of water to help it along.
6. add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Smooth out taste with splash of red wine vinegar

_________________

and congratulations to you on a new job & Chef Tom on a new home!