Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Best Valentine's Day Yet!

I realize many of my friends scoff at Valentine's Day as a "Hallmark Holiday" or something of capitalist excess. I don't give a damn, V-Day is important and if I'm in a relationship I want to spoil and be spoiled in return! Last year Drunky McDrunkerson ruined my V-Day (he spent his, no doubt, with his best friend Vodka and a trick from gay.com).
Well, this year made up for it and then some. Sean is a wonderful guy... when I told him (due to the 4 inches of snow/ice we got the night before) I wouldn't bother going into work, he told me I should go in... and of course he had very beautiful flowers etc delivered to me there.
For dinner he surprised me by taking me to French restaurant (trying to find the name, can't remember...) and we exchanged personal Valentines. I was glad to hear the flowers and balloons I sent made it safely to his job as well.

What an interesting (and bitterly cold) week it's been. I dropped the bomb on my current bosses that I accepted a higher position somehwere else (a big F-U to them), so I've been basically a lame duck in my office doing nothing until my last day next week. Last week I celebrated the news with Phillip and Fernando, Friday night I somehow left my bag (with my laptop in it!) at a Peking duck place in Bethesda, which found me the next day trying to find the place - fortunately they did have my bag. Saturday night I went out with Sean and two of his friends from VA to a wonderful place in Silver Spring I've heard so many good things about over the years, but never ventured to try: The Mrs. K's Tollhouse restaurant. It was very nice, sort of a country-inn type restaurant you'd expect to see in the Shenandoah Valley or something. We all enjoyed everything, I highly reccomend if you're looking for a short getaway, very romantic.
The night before Valentines (Tuesday) was the night it snowed. I met with Phillip and Fernando for coffee and some lovely brownies that fucked me up (I only ate 1 1/2, I can only imagine how P must've felt) went home, watched the snow fall, listened to music and drifted off to sleep.

No comments: