Tuesday, January 02, 2007

"Nothing Changes on New Year's Day..."

Hello, I am back home from Canada, and back at work (I feel like I'm the only one in DC who had to go to work today on this "day of mourning" for the death of Gerald Ford). I would have liked an extra day of rest, but oh well.

So New Years was great, I spent it with my boyfriend Sean (AKA "The Chef") and Fernando at Halo and the Eagle (don't ask me how we wound up at a leather bar, after drinks at Halo it somehow made sense). Yesterday, New Years Day, I had a late brunch with Sean once we got ourselves together, and had dinner too with his friends in Maryland. Honestly, I am exhausted, I haven't even unpacked from my trip- as soon as I got in from the airport I went right back out and so on...

So, Canada! I don't even know where to begin. I was mostly in Halifax, Nova Scotia, but went to various other towns around the province as well (Evangline Beach, Peggy's Cove, Hall's Harbour, Wolfville, Kentville, Chester, St. Margaret's Bay area) It was very beautiful, and I can definately say I got my "Winter fix." Remind me never to ask for cold weather again.

Some photos for your enjoyment...
Hall's Harbour on the Bay of Fundy, home of the world's highest tides (as seen by this boat)

The lighthouse and town of Peggy's Cove


Downtown Halifax on a typical snowy winter day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Adam! I went to Canada a long long time ago which was fun.