Sunday, January 23, 2005

Snow Daze

What a weekend it's been. Actually because of the wether I didn't really do much. I went out Friday night to Dupont. Kurt and Bob wanted to hang out but they were being lame-o and just wanted to have coffee and talk as usual. Not to say that isn't all fine and good, but Kurt acts weird when I want to go clubbing. I mean, he sometimes comes out too, but he's very picky about where he wants to go, and he pretty much rules the situation (Let's go to Apex, Let's go to Omega) He's one of those people who gets stuck, er, comfortable, is his routines, habits, and hang-out places and doesn't like to deviate. I love spending time with him, but sometimes I have to draw the line and say I'm doing X with my other friends and if you want to come, fine, if not, see ya later. And I know Bob would probably branch out more too. Some friends are just like that. Don't get me wrong though, I love Kurt to death, he's one of my best friends, and he's there for me always. Nothing but love...
Well it snowed quite a bit this weekend, at least the most it has this winter. And it's been so pretty!!! I hope it doesn't melt too soon. Like tonight, it's the Full Moon, and the way the moonlight looks on the snow is really pretty. But alas, I the snow was a double-edges sword, for I couldn't drive to see PJ this weekend! But soon....
Anyway, I went sledding again with my brothers last night because there was no way I was going out, even though some friends did and said it really wasn't that bad. It was a fun day and I made frozen margaritas in the blender (my own, not the pre-made mixed shit!!). Today I mostly just hung around looking for ways to spend money online on shit I don't really need, wrote some more, and made dinner, which was a kick-ass success. Which brings us to this week's Recipe of the Week.
This one is Spanish... As in Spain, not Latin American or Mexican people. It's similar to a chicken paella. This goes really good with homemade Sangria.
Arroz Con Pollo (Rice and Chicken) Serves 4
Ingredients: 4 tbsp olive oil, 6 chicken thighs, 1 tsp paprika (I use more, and use Szegedy brand), 1 large Spanish onion roughly chopped, 2 garlic cloves finely chopped, 1 chorizo sausage sliced, 1 red bell and 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and roughly chopped, 1 generous cup paella rice washed and drained (I subst. with regular long grain), 2 large tomatoes seeded and chopped, 1/2 cup sherry, 3 cups chicken stock/broth, 1 tsp oregano and thyme, 1 bay leaf, salt.
-Heat the oil in a wide casserole. Season the chicken with salt and paprika. Fry until nicely brown, the reserve on a plate. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently until softens. Add the chorizo and stir-fry. Add the chopped peppers, cook until softened. Sprinkle in drained rice and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins. Add the tomatoes, sherry, chicken stock/broth and dried herbs. Arrange the chicken pieces deep in the mixture and tuck in the bay leaf. Cover and cook over a very low heat for 30-40 mins until the chicken and rice are done. Done!

And yes, this quiz seems pretty dead-on. Coffee, cigarettes, red wine, reading Jean-Paul Sartre, general good taste. Why wasn't I born in Paris!!
You are French
You are a Parisian.


What's your Inner European?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: