Monday, September 27, 2004

Insomnia

Bert & Ernie
Bert & Ernie's Gay Love Affair



Look, everyone knows you two are lovebirds. Why
not do the brave thing and admit it to the
world? The times are kinder nowadays. There
may be the odd ultraconservative bigwig or
overprotective mom, but so what? Piss on 'em.
Come on out of the closet. It's ok.


Which Sesame Street Muppet's Dark Secret Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

So, what's new in my life. This seemed like particularly long weekend to me. Friday night I hung out with some friends. I went home at a descent hour since I agreed to substitute teach a class at the place I work on Saturday morning. I know WHAT! Who are you and where's the real Adam?
Well, being the "nice guy" it's always so hard for me to say no. So when someone gets all puppy-dog-eyed and asks me to take over their class on a Saturday morning...I just can't say no. And hopefully the karmic laws will be enforced and when I need someone to cover my ass they will. But I digress.
So, I went home with the intention of going to bed. But for some odd reason no sleep came. My body was tired, but it was like my mind just wouldn't shut off. So I laid there for six hours just staring at the ceiling and tossing and turning. And then my alarm clock went off. I thought "No...NOOOOOO!" But I already promised I would go to work. So I did. And between almost falling asleep on the metro and teaching a 4-hour long class with the help of coffee and guarana-laden beverages, I somehow made it.
Then a friend called and wanted to meet me for coffee. Sure! More caffeine to keep me moving. So we met and then I was so tired I thought I was going to pass out... so I went home again with the intent of taking a nap or sleeping.
Well I get home and find a whole list of things to do. Including setting up my aquarium (more on that later). So I got no nap that I intended to take. Then my friend called me and we and another friend went to Dupont. Had a good time, but by the time later that (Sunday) morning when I got home I realized I had been awake for 48 hours and it was catching up with me.
So I drifted into a blissful sleep unlike any other I've had in a long time.
Oh, and I'm happy to say I've set up my aquarium. It looks really cool and pics forthcoming.
"Her boyfriend, he dont know anything about her. He's too stoned, nintendo, I wish that I could make her see, shes just the flavor of the week."
-"Flavor of the Weak" American Hi-Fi
Have you ever had a friend who's dating a total loser and you know you could treat him so much better than the scumbag he's with. Yeah I kinda feel that way right now about someone. And I'm not mentioning names because some people actually read this blog (I know!) Actually that guy was me for the longest time. I was (and those of you who know me know all about this) in a relationship with a guy all my friends despised. Ok, that was going nowhere.
"More more, after kneeling on the church floor
so sore, after kicking down the choir door
tore tore up the holy fuckign sacrament
whore whore, gravy trains the living testament!" -Gravy Train "Titties Bounce"

No comments: