Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Death of a Chairman

Yesterday, in what I think is a wonderfully ironic death, the Chairman and CEO of McDonald's died from a heart attack.
Jim Cantalupo was 60 at his death. It seems surprising he lived that long. Maybe in all fairness he never ate the food produced by his company, but I still can't think of something like this since Dave Thomas of Wendy's (if you will remember a few years back) also died of a heart attack. But then, who didn't see that one coming, it's not like he was an image of a health-nut.
You can read the full story at USAToday.com.

The reader will also notice I no longer use links to the Washington Post's Website. This is because they now require the tedious hassle of registering. While I realize they simply want to find their demographic, it's annoying as hell as thus far USA Today's website has not done this. So to save the reader time and trouble, I'll use registry-free websites.
And if you do decide to register, be sure to lie about your age, gender, and location. It's fun to muck these things up. As far as the Post in concerned I am a 97-year-old living in Armenia. And no one the wiser...

No comments: