Sunday, June 13, 2010

Feeling Pride

Sunday afternoons, especially in the summer, tend to make me nostalgic. In fact any time after a fun weekend or vacation when going "back to reality" looms, or the end of summer, makes me nostalgic. Where I'm going with this is that I had a wonderful Pride weekend and was just thinking about all the Pride weekends past - the people I've had as friends in this city, the formative experiences I've had here as a young (now not-so-young) gay man.

Actually I only have to work Monday, then I'm taking the rest of the week off with Sean to spend at Provincetown for some much-needed rest and relaxation. I'm really, really looking forward to it. We'll be staying with two friends who've gotten a house...I'm hoping the weather is nice!

Thursday night was a friend of Sean's birthday party, so we went to that. Saturday we watched the parade (was it just me or did this year feel like it dragged on for 3 hours?) visited some friends, went to dinner at Logan Tavern, out for drinks after that. Today we met two friends and went to the street festival - got drenched in the brief downpour! And why is Pride always during a hot time of year? It always seems lethally hot down at the street fair, but I guess some boys just like the excuse to go shirtless, is my guess.

Summer is finally here, it would seem. I have been debating keeping this blog active anymore. I can't explain it, but sometimes I think it's served its purpose. Maybe I'll start a new one, or...

No comments: