We had a beautiful snowstorm over the weekend here in D.C. It effectively shut the region down (though I don't think it was quite as bad as the one back in 2003). I like snow, my knee pains aside, and I think we're due for a snowy winter.
I got my holiday shopping done, my holiday tree is lit and pretty (I finally got a real one this year). Sean and I are preparing to go visit my parents tomorrow...
Most of all I am excited that 2009 is coming to a close. What a BITCH of a year! Let's examine the shiteous things that happened, shall we...
Adam's Festivus Airing of Grievances!
- I got laid off my last job (though I got a sweet severance package and a new job that started the week after, so I made bank this year)
- My new job, while paying significantly more $, also comes with more demands and stress.
- Sean's job stresses him out even more.
- My friend got arrested for something that wasn't their fault.
- The national economy continued to fucking tank.
- Sean and I went through a rough patch around Halloween.
- Sean's condo was flooded.
At any rate, 2010 will bring great new things, I am sure, for all of us! Starting with a trip in early January to Mexico - a great start if I may say so.
Be safe this HOliday season (including you, Drunky, don't drink and drive!).
Happy HOlidays from The Poison Pen!