Friday, October 23, 2009

Ghosts of the Past, and Things to Come

So today I am working from my laptop, sitting at Soho cafe. Just sitting here on my laptop - something which I have not done in a long time, brings back a flood of memories. All the times I was here through college, through formative years of my early 20's... this place, the bars, the street all are laden with memories.

I was talking with a friend this morning on email, and we were also talking about a tarot reading we did as a group. Some might not take much stock in such things, but the strange thing was that all of our reading said that the coming year would bring change.

It certainly did. Some good, some bad. But I guess that's the thing... you don't get to choose the hand that fate deals and sometimes it feels like the universe has a dark sense of humor. I guess it's funny sometimes how a simple fortune-telling can carry meaning that isn't apparent at the time. Only in hindsight do we see how much crazy change has occurred.

No comments: