Saturday, August 22, 2009

Catching a Show, and Putting on One

I love days like this sometime, thunderstormy sleepy days, sipping tea, listening to BBC or CBC, catching up on sleep and all those other things I missed during the week.

What a week! A crazy business trip to Chicago (complete with delays at O'Hare coming and going) and lot going on at work. Sean got some free VIP tickets to a show at Wolftrap for last night. The opening band was Celtic-rock group Carbon Leaf, who I had heard of, and other a band from Newfoundland called Great Big Sea. They both put on a great show, and we had excellent box seats.

Last night, too, was a massive thunderstorm. I was worried the show might be cancelled, but when we pulled into the parking lot, the show was definitely on. The was a huge downpour, so Sean and I decided to wait it out in his car (being a diva, I can't get wet). So one thing led to another, that involved me putting my car seat all the way back... you figure it out. Rainy night, alone in Sean's car... or so we thought. Until Sean looked up and we realized there were people in this minivan watching us the whole time. I've never wanted to crawl under the floorboards and die like that before. Ugh... But I can laugh about it a little now. You want a show - we'll give you a performance!

No comments: