Friday, June 26, 2009

Confessions of an Enabler

You know, it's been hard lately trying not to fall off the non-smoking wagon. I had a moment of weakness at a club in SLC this past weekend. Being buzzed enough around people who were all smoking gave me the bright idea to buy a pack of cigarettes.

Now, Sean was a smoker when I first met him. I quit many years ago, and have only had the occasional puff since then. These days, Sean tries to hide his smoking from me, which I find amusing since it's not like I don't know about it. Anyway, I made him take the pack because I can't have them around me or I will start smoking again. I've been fighting the urge to smoke all week since. Don't worry, I'm not going to start again.

Speaking of enablers....

I saw "Drunky McDrunkerson" walking down U Street a week or so ago. My friends and I were in shock. I couldn't even say anything, when I saw how far he's let himself go. Seriously D-Mac, you're breaking my heart (... if I had one to break). He clearly isn't being healthy, and it looks like more than just booze and pAArtying. It's really not even funny at this point. I can't even joke about it, it's quite sad actually. I hope he gets the help he needs!

No comments: