Sunday, February 01, 2009

Rocky Mountain High

"When it rains, it pours."

So I've been very busy lately with work, and then I got very sick and had to postpone a trip. I did eventually feel well enough to get to Denver on Friday afternoon for a conference there.

I had a good time there, except for the altitude sickness I got (which may have been made worse by already being dehydrated and getting over the flu). I've been to places in the Rockies before and don't think I ever got altitude sickness, but this time it really hit me.

Otherwise I had a great time in the Mile High City. I had forgotten there is a JR's in Denver. A colleague wanted to check it out, and I told them "I hate JR's back home, why on earth would I go to JR's here?!" I guess every city has to have a place for douchebags to go, I suppose.

Sean was nice enough to pick me up from the airport this afternoon. I'm off to the showers as airplanes always make me feel yucky!

No comments: