Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Year of the Ox DILF!

A week or so ago I featured Portland, Oregon’s (a lovely city, I might add) DILF-alicious mayor Sam Adams. Unfortunately for Sammy, it’s surfaced that he had an affair with a 17-year old male intern.

My problem isn’t that he had an affair with his intern. Only in conservative America are stupid things like this considered a problem. My problem is that it wasn’t ME!

Where was my handsome boss when I was a young lad – god knows I fantasized about being taken up against the Xerox machine… ok I’ll stop now but you get the point. (Mayor Adams, call me!)

Let’s see what else is going on? There’s a Superbowl or something, but my 2nd husband, Tom Brady isn’t involved this year so I don’t care.

Happy Chinese/Asian New Year (which falls on today), the Year of the Ox! Yesterday Sean and I went to Eden Center, where they had celebrations of Vietnamese New Year (Tet) with dragons, fireworks and stuff just to check things out. I’ve been to Chinatown’s celebrations before, but DC’s Chinatown leaves something to be desired.

Saturday night I was at a work-related event in Georgetown, and fortunately my fellow witches showed up to lend their moral support in a party full of “power gays” (“PGs”). Sometimes events like that can be fun, but more often are not are draining to me. I increasingly find the shiny veneer of DC’s PG scene that once must’ve attracted me has worn off. I see through so many of these power-hungry networking types, it would be comical if they all didn’t take themselves so seriously. Ugh.

Anyways later this week I’m off to the Creating Change conference in Denver (it was in Detroit last year). I had a lot of fun last year, so I’m actually looking forward to this one!

No comments: