Monday, January 12, 2009

Conspire by the Fire

I had such a stressful week at work that Friday afternoon I joined my friend F for several (perhaps too many LOL) drinks. I haven't really gone out much lately like I used to, so it was nice to catch up with a friend.

Saturday I slept half the day, and joined Sean for the birthday party of a friend of his at Gua-Rapo in Arlington. It's a such a cute place - I went there years ago with F actually, but hadn't been back since. It kind of reminds me a bit of Halo with a Latin infusion. It's at the intersection of Courthouse and Wilson Blvd. roughly, and I'd love to go back if anyone else is up for it.

Afterwards we went back to Sean's place and he used his fireplace for the first time. He's lived there almost 2 years and he still had the same old log sitting there. So we cuddled up with a bottle of wine, a nice fire (the only thing missing was the bear skin rug lol). It was very nice!

Oh, and since when did Chili's get rid of their "Awesome Blossom?!" Sorry, I know I'm jumping topics here like crazy but this is a travesty! I guess I clearly haven't been in a Chili's in 3 years or I would've noticed this. I was being a suburban chain-y today and went into one and was sorely disappointed. I was eating healthy all week and wanted to ruin my diet! Anyway at least Outback still has their Blooming Onion.

No comments: