Sunday, December 07, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside!

I'm staying indoors tonight trying to shake a cough I have (I'm sure going out with my friends Friday didn't help, but hey it had been a long week!). So yeah, Friday I went out with friends to Jack's, Cobalt and Town. You know, as painful as it is for me to say nice things, I have to give Cobalt some golf-claps for their little remodel. The restaurant menu looks chintzy and uninspired, but the decor for the upstairs bars look quite nice.

Let's see... Saturday night I went to a party of one of Sean's friends in Vienna, and we took the train into the city. Ok, I'm all for pubic [typo - but it stays!] transportation; but when every fucking line has track maintenance delays, what's supposed to convince people to not just drive? Some days I really hate Metro, and when I have to have collectively 30+ minutes for trains, it really makes me just want to drive. The whole idea was so that we both could have fun and not have to drive all Drunky McDrunkerson. (Note to friends - and frienemies - have a designated driver this HOliday season! The Poison Pen means it!!)

I've done some HOliday shopping, but I feel like I still have heaps left to do before Festivus! Which reminds me, if you're not on my HOliday card list (or, if you've changed address in the last year) email me so you can be on my Festivus HOliday card list.

"There's only 2 types of people in the world - the ones that entertain, and the ones that serve..." -Britney Spears, Circus

No comments: