Friday, June 27, 2008

Fire Away!

First off, Happy Birthday, Margo!

Switching gears, I realize what I’m about to write will probably piss off a good chunk of my friends. In fact, the topic lead to the first political argument er, discussion I’ve had with my boyfriend.

I’ve tried to steer away from politics and keep things light on here. I haven’t even written anything about the California marriage equality ruling… I plan n getting around to my thoughts on that soon. But yesterday I was very happy when I read that the Supreme Court had overturned the District of Columbia’s ban on handgun ownership.

There, I said it. I am pro-gun ownership. I think self-defense is a right, not a privilege, and in violent times I think it’s batshit crazy to tell people they can’t defend their homes when criminals are mugging/shooting/raping/gay-bashing people.

Ok, now I’m waiting for the text messages of horror from my friends. And no Margo, I didn’t buy you a gun for your birthday : ) But if you want…

No comments: