Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Eastivus!

I hope everyone had a safe spring equinox/St. pAAtrick’s Day/ Easter. I think the “Easter Brady” visited me, LOL, I got an Easter basket filled with my beloved pecan eggs and Reese’s peanut butter bunnies. I also went over to my family’s house for dinner yesterday.

My mother has a new toy – a Spitfire convertible (if you can imagine my mom driving a Spitfire) so yesterday afternoon she took me for a ride in it – it’s actually a lot of fun to drive too. I wouldn’t mind borrowing it sometime! Anyway, we drove out into the country and we randomly stopped at a very old graveyard. Not sure why, but we did. We were looking around at these tombstones, all of them very old, from around the mid 1800’s… when I stopped dead in my tracks. There were several with our last name. Now, my last name is far from common, so when I see it anywhere it’s a bit of a shock. Who knows, maybe it’s an omen – either way it was a bit too morbid, so I got out of there.
Not to be morbid, but I only mention that story because it’s been a morbid week – Sean’s grandmother passed away (he is flying up to New York for the funeral), one of his cooks in the kitchen died yesterday.
I swear I almost joined those ranks yesterday – I’m ashamed to admit I slipped and fell – hard- out of the shower. I landed very hard on my arm and thought I might have to go to the E.R. Fortunately I didn’t. But falling in the bathroom, gray hair, it’s all happening way too soon! I need to stop singing along to my iPod in the shower - Britney it's all your fault!

Ok, let’s think positive now – the Cherry Blossoms are here and I’m excited to see them this weekend! Warm weather is coming soon! Oh, and check out the Washington Post's Peep Contest. Too funny!

And I'm so absent-minded: I forgot to give a birthday shout-out to my friend "B" who celebrated his birthday last week. We suprised him with dinner at Floriana, followed by Halo (they changed their menu, for the better - try the black cherry cosmo) and this wonderful champagne Phillip found from Moet made with nectar. I asked Sean to find me some and now he's added it to his restaurant's menu!

No comments: