Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Things to be Thankful For

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know I did - I got off a half day from Wednesday to yesterday, so it was a much needed vacation. I went out dancing with Fernando on Tuesday night - ran into a guy I was/am sort of seeing. I feel mean because he seems into me, but I'm starting to loose interest in him. We were at Retro Night at Cobalt and he wanted to go home with me, but I was too drunk and had to work the next day. Sigh, I'm always so bad at handling these things.

Thursday I went to visit my family for the day, though I got a bit of the guilt trip for "dining and dashing" ie, I had to leave after dinner to make it to a friend's party on time which was the perfect excuse to get away. I don't know why I continue to let my family give me guilt trips over these sorts of things. I can count the number of times they visit me on one hand (keep in mind they live a whopping 30 miles away). Yet I'm always expected to go out of my way to visit them. I really don't feel guilty, of course, but I have to listen to the comments when I visit. Sometimes I wish I lived in California.

Anyway, I met Sean, a recent interest, and we went to Margo and Fred's. I always seem to miss the food on TG, and it seems to be a tradition-in-the-making for me to bring a new boy over (last year it was The Village Drunk AKA Mussolini AKA Phil). The wine tasting was interesting (my vote goes for the blueberry wine). I went home with tons of leftovers from both dinners. Witnessed a hit-n-run on 19th st (which was funny because we were discussing the infamous one that happened in August of '05).

Friday night Fernando and his roomate Kevin picked me up and we went to one of his friend's condos in Columbia Heights. We got drunk before we even went out - I should know that when Fernando is involved there's always a hangover. So we get to Halo and I'm alrady lit, and you know how Halo is. I met some guy from the gay men's swim team. Don't remember his name. I had all these grand ideas for the evening, but instead I stumbled home at midnight with the world spinning around me.

Saturday I enjoyed the beautiful weather as much as possible. I met Sean again and we went to dinner at The Duplex Diner in my neighborhood at 18th and U st. Now, the Duplex is an interesting place, part gay bar part kitschy restaurant. Sadly, the service is very gay too - in other words always late and filled with attitude. I really WANT to like the place, but the attitude factor keeps me from going back. At any rate, Sean and I had a great evening together, even if his chef job keeps him working odd hours (go figure- I never thought I'd be a 9-5er).

Sunday I met Fernando (you can already guess how this will end) for brunch at 1409 Playbill. Bloody Mary's were involved. My whole afternoon was shot. I remember accidentally insulting a friend from college we ran into at Kramer's, sitting in the Circle, passing out on my couch, and having a headache from hell. And they say Bloody Marys are a cure for hangovers! I guess in moderation.

As a completely unrelated topic, check out the new Macy's on 13th and G st. They have the coolest holiday window displays. It's times like that I could almost get into the holiday season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet "interesting", just say it was bad! Rarely in my life have I ever poured out a bottle of wine. Blueberry, Raspberry, and Blackberry were drinkable but not recommendable; thank you for assisting me on my quest to find a grape free wine. We'll need another wine trip to make up those fruit wines.
You and all of our friends are my family, I couldn’t be more grateful for you making the trip each year.

Glad Macy’s is getting you in the spirit because Festivus is just around the corner!