Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Wake Me Up When September Ends

I realize I haven't been giving much care to my blog like I used to. I've been busy, both personally and professionaly - lots of drama, some good, some bad. I have to admit lately (since returning from the West Coast) I've felt sort of out of it. Like I'm orbiting another planet or something. It's been a strange time for me, full of extremes.

But in an odd way it does feel good to be home and in routine, though many things have changed. Actually, this weekend marked the beginning of autumn (my favorite season!). Sitting here at Soho on my laptop, pausing a bit for reflection, a lot really has changed since this time last year. Friendship situations, job situations, living situations, lovelife. And last year was much different from the year before that and so on...

Fall for me has always been the season on new beginnings. Maybe I've always psychologically associated it with starting school since I was young, but it really does seem to be a time when things change -which can be a good thing.

As a side note a new bar opened up over on 9th st. near Logan Circle, another classy gay bar, called "Be Bar." I couldn't be happier to see another upscale bar along the lines of Halo (this time with a dance floor). Definately check it out.
And now for something completely different.

No comments: