Saturday, October 02, 2004

"I still love you, only slightly less than I used to"

twistedsister.jpg
Ooooh. You're SO BAD. and you son't want to take
shit from anyone. Unfortunately for you,
you're going to have to, because your image
isn't so much tough as it is hilarious.


What band from the 80s are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

It's been an interesting week. Actually the first few days of the workweek felt so surreal somehow. Like I was living in a movie watching myself, and not actually real. Ever have days like that? Must have been all the rain, being late for work, drama, etc that just me feel really strange. But by midweek I snapped out of it.

The title of today's post was lifted from the song "Stop Me if You Think That You've Heard This One Before" by the Smiths off their album "Strangeways, Here We Come!" Actually that's probably my favorite Smith's album, and song for that matter. Mainly because it describes those weird feelings you have. For example, an old flame of mine is always talking about how much he loves me and maybe one day we can get back together. I mean, I still love him. In the way that I love all my friends, a sort of platonic love. But not like I used to. Indeed, I feel like I love him, only slightly less than I used to. But does one tell someone that without being a total ass. I swear, theres more drama after a relationship than there is during it. Why?

And finally for today, some thoughts on chest hair. Good or bad? You feel free to leave your comments! This, I feel, has divided the gay community more than the imfamous debates of Cher-Vs-Madonna (as in, whos the bigger gay icon). As for me, I take it on a case by case basis. Some gay men swear that chest hair is a wonderful sign of masculinity and demand their boyfriends grow a nice little patch of it. Others run at the sight, demanding their lovers to be either naturally baby smooth, or at least use Nair or visit the waxing salon. Personally, I tend to like my guys smooth. Or if he does have chest hair he should keep it under control and from looking like the Black Forest. But for some hot, say, Italian or Greek man maybe I could make an exception for a little Austin Powers-esque hirsuteness.

No comments: