Friday, August 20, 2004

Friday ramblings

Ok, so it's Friday afternoon and I'm sitting at my favorite cafe (SOhO cafe - 22nd & P st. NW, go there!) passing time. For some reason this place has always held a certain mystique for me. I still remember when I first moved to the Washington area and heard of this mythic hangout spot all my friends went to in Dupont Circle. Granted a lot has changed, but it still holds a nostalgic value and is a cornerstone of some pretty good experiences here.

I'm also really excitied because I may very well have a new job. Also upcoming is the annual Summer Maquerade Ball. This is its eigth year running and I've gone every year since I was 18. What can I say, it's a lot of fun!. Click here to find out more. The rules are thus: you must wear a costume of some sort as well as a mask of some sort (hence it being a masquerade).

No comments: